Bryan Adams mania

Bishnu Gurung

I m not a die heart fan of Adams as my mood changes as the seasons goes but I love most of his songs "Please Forgive"," Everything I Do, I do it for you". This historic concert which was held on 19 February at Dashrath Stadium made me flip the daily newspapers and go on googling for hours to know more about it. As it was widely covered on national Media and the controversy between the employee of Dashrath Stadium and their demands just a few days ahead the Concerts put me lots of questions in my head. I was wondering why the people poke their fingers when everything is finalized. The organizer has spent lots of money on bringing an international icon to Nepal which coincides with Nepal tourism year 2011 and it highly has blown up in the Medias.

 Well, after much awaited and anticipated event in the history of Nepal. I was checking their online partners my republica.com and cellroti.com early this morning today to know how it went but it was in vain till 10 am (NST). Finally, republica.com updated around 10 but nothing was written about our very own icon Raju Lama, Ishower Gurung, Robin Tamang and 1974 AD Band. And I was googling to see more and it was subsequently updated in major national dailies well most of them overshadowed our artist but some managed to cover them as well. 

 Well, going through the various online media, The selection of the songs by the international icon was superb especially the song by the Bob Seger's 'Kathmandu' which might have surprised and touched the hearts of Nepalese audiences. The songs which he has sung in yesterday events were 'Run to You', 'Cut Like A Knife', 'I'm Ready', '18 Till I die', 'Back To You', 'Let's make a night to remember', The Only Thing that Looks Good on me is you', 'Heaven', 'Please Forgive Me', 'Cloud No 9', 'Everything I Do, I do it for you', 'Summer of 69' etc. Anyways, Kudos to the ODC and JPR for organizing such a big event of international standard the live sound which is recorded by the fan and posted on YouTube is superb. Hope to see more of this kind of event in years to come. 



 Bryan Adams posted this pic and wrote in his twitter account. "Tonight from the stage ....Kathmandu, Nepal, you were amazing" 



Brinda Singh singing with Bryan Adams in Kathmandu Concert Bryan Adams live in Kathmandu Concert 19 Feb 2011

Posted on:February 20, 2011, 6:07 am

Comments